AutoCAD® Mechanical software, part of the Autodesk Digital Prototyping solution, is AutoCAD® software for manufacturing, purpose-built to accelerate the mechanical design process. It includes all the functionality of AutoCAD, plus a comprehensive set of tools for automating mechanical engineering tasks, such as generating machine components, dimensioning, and creating bills of material. AutoCAD Mechanical provides a library of more than 700,000 standard parts, supports multiple international design standards, and helps users detail and document digital prototypes created in Autodesk® Inventor® software. AutoCAD Mechanical offers engineers a competitive edge by helping them save hours of effort, so they can spend time innovating rather than drafting.
AutoCAD Mechanical System Requirements:
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 SP1 with Update KB4019990 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Update KB2919355 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 10 Anniversary Update (64-bit only) (version 1607 or higher)
Basic: 2.5–2.9 GHz processor. Recommended:
3+ GHz processor. Memory: Basic
: 8 GB Recommended:
16 GB Display Resolution:
Conventional Displays: 1920 x 1080 with True Color. High Resolution & 4K Displays: Resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 supported on Windows 10, 64 bit systems (with capable display card)
1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant Recommended
: 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant Disk Space:
6.0 GB Browser:
Deployment via Deployment Wizard.
- The license server and all workstations that will run applications dependent on network licensing must run TCP/IP protocol.
- Either Microsoft® or Novell TCP/IP protocol stacks are acceptable. Primary login on workstations may be Netware or Windows.
- In addition to operating systems supported for the application, the license server will run on the Windows Server® 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Windows 2008 R2 Server editions.
- Citrix® XenApp™ 7.6, Citrix® XenDesktop™ 7.6. Pointing Device
- MS-Mouse compliant NET Framework.
- NET Framework Version 4.7
Additional Requirements for large datasets, point clouds, and 3D modeling
8 GB RAM or more Disk Space:
6 GB free hard disk available, not including installation requirements Display Card
:1920 x 1080 or greater True Color video display adapter; 128 MB VRAM or greater; Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater; Direct3D®-capable workstation class graphics card.
64-bit Operating Systems are recommended if you are working with large datasets, point clouds and 3D modeling and required if you are using Model Documentation or Point Clouds.