Autodesk® CFD software provides fast, accurate, and flexible fluid flow and thermal simulation tools to help you make better design decisions earlier in the product development process. Autodesk CFD enables you to make great products by easily exploring and comparing design alternatives using an innovative Design Study Environment and automation tools.
System requirements for Autodesk CFD
- Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft Windows 8 and 8.1(Standard, Pro, or Enterprise)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, or Enterprise edition
- HPC: Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2012 R2
- Languages: English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Japanese, German, French, Italian
- Model:Dell T5600 with Intel Xeon E3-1241 v3 @3.5 GHz (8 cores) ¹
- RAM:32 GB
- Video:Nvidia Quadro 4000
- Hard Drive:1 TB HDD
- ¹ If more speed is needed add a 2nd E3-1241 for a total of 16 cores
- Model:Dell M4700 with Intel i7-4710MQ @ 2.5 GHz (4 Cores)
- RAM:16 GB
- Video:Nvidia Quadro K2000M
- Hard Drive:256 GB SSD
- 24-bit color setting at 1280 x 1024 or higher screen resolution
- 512 MB DRAM or higher OpenGL-capable graphics card (recommended)
- 256 MB on-board memory (minimum)
DVD-ROM drive ³ Pointing Device:
Microsoft® mouse-compliant pointing device. Browser:
Windows Internet Explorer® 8 or higher. Internet Connection:
For web downloads and Subscription Aware access.
Hyper-threading should be ON to optimize the performance of the CFD Solver.
- Autodesk® recommends a supported 64-bit operating system, a supported 64-bit processor, and a minimum of 12 GB RAM or higher.
- Autodesk® recommends allowing Microsoft Windows to manage virtual memory, as needed. There should always be at least twice as much free hard disk space as system memory (RAM).
- A DVD-ROM drive is not required if installing with the electronic download.