Autodesk® Inventor® software provides engineers and designers professional- grade solutions for 3D mechanical design, simulation, visualization, and documentation. Autodesk Inventor includes powerful modeling tools as well as multi-CAD translation capabilities and native DWG™ drawings—helping you to reduce development costs, get to market faster, and make great products.
Inventor System Requirements:
- 64-bit Microsoft® Windows® 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607 or higher)
- 64-bit Microsoft Windows 8.1
- 64-bit Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 with Update KB4019990
CPU ¹: Recommended:
3.0 GHz or greater, 4 or more cores Minimum:
2.5 GHz or greater
20 GB RAM or more Minimum:
8 GB RAM for less than 500part assemblies Disk Space:
Installer plus full installation: 40 GB Graphics
4 GB GPU with 106 GB/S Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant Minimum:
1 GB GPU with 29 GB/S Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant. See the Certified Hardware
Display Resolution: Recommended:
3840 x 2160 (4K); Preferred scaling: 100%, 125%, 150% or 200% Minimum:
1280 x 1024 (1080p)
Internet connection for web install with Autodesk® Desktop App, Autodesk® collaboration functionality, .NET installation, web downloads, and licensing.
Network license manager supports Windows Server® 2016, 2012, 2012 R2, 2008 R2 and the operating systems listed above.
- Full local install of Microsoft® Excel 2010, 2013 or 2016 for iFeatures, iParts, iAssemblies, Global BOM, Parts Lists, Revision Tables, spreadsheet-driven designs and Studio animation of Positional Representations.
- 64-bit Microsoft Office is required to export Access 2007, dBase IV, Text and CSV formats.
- Office 365 subscribers must ensure they have a local installation of Microsoft Excel 2016.
- Windows Excel Starter®, OpenOffice®, and browser-based Office 365 applications are not supported.
: Google Chrome™ or equivalent
: Citrix® XenApp™ 7.6
Citrix® XenDesktop™ 7.6 (requires Inventor Network Licensing).
For Complex Models
Complex Mold Assemblies, and Large Assemblies (typically more than 1,000 parts)
CPU Type ¹Recommended: 3.30 GHz or greater, 4 or more cores
:24 GB RAM or greater Graphics: Recommended:
4 GB GPU with 106 GB/S Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant. See the Certified Hardware
Autodesk® Inventor® is optimized to take advantage of the SSE2 extended instruction sets supported on Pentium 4, AMD Athlon 64, and AMD Opteron processors. Inventor 2019 will not install on computers that do not support SSE2. Several utilities are available on the Internet that report CPUID including supported instructions sets.